Following Government Announcements today, Cheshire East (with a Covid transmission rate of over 100/100,000 population) enters the HIGH category with new guidance, intended to help reduce infection rates and to avoid more stringent restrictions.
The new restrictions for Cheshire East include:
- Household mixing Is banned indoors
- The Rule of 6 applies outdoors
- Most restricted areas now enter this tier
In addition, Residents need to continue to
WASH HANDS, WEAR A FACE COVERING AND MAINTAIN 2M SOCIAL DISTANCING - “HANDS - FACE - SPACE”
These restrictions are being introduced to offer a balanced response to rising rates of infection and related rises in hospital admissions. Whilst areas in the North west and North East are those worst affected at the moment, this is a national concern.
To date, the Liverpool City Region will enter the Tier 3 VERY HIGH category on Wednesday. The restrictions in this situation include:
- No social mixing indoors or outdoors
- Closure of pubs and bars, gyms, leisure centres, casinos and betting shops
HOWEVER Retail outlets, Schools and Universities will remain open.